Ron (Ronald J.) De Long
8+ yearsMesa, AZ
About Ron (Ronald J.) De LongCommunity Manager
Feature implementationOptimizationStatistical AnalysisProblem solverOracleTransforming dataCommunity ManagementCoachableDocumentation preparationSupervised Learning
Thunderbird, Global School of International Management
BootcampClass of 2002
PLM & Manufacturing Inventory
BootcampClass of 2008
Arizona State University
Master's DegreeClass of 1998
Arizona State University
Operations & Production (Supply Chain) Management
Bachelor's DegreeClass of 1990
Imperial Valley College
Associate DegreeClass of 1984
Materials Manager, Production Schedular
TRW, Vehicle Safety Systems
full time contract8/1994 - 11/1997
- TEAM LEADER - LEAN Manufacturing IMPLEMENTATION
- • PRODUCTION SCHEDULER – NPI (New Product Introduction) schedule and ship on-time orders
- • WAREHOUSE MANAGER – custom WMS designed and implemented improving Inventory
Warehouse Manager, System Implementation Specialist
full time contract8/1991 - 7/1994
- WMS AND TMS IMPLEMENTATION / ROLLOUT. IMPLEMENTATION AND TRAINING WAREHOUSING / Distribution Team
- Worked with, and coordinated multiple departments, conceptualized and executed new warehouse systems.
- • Shipping Production Shift, +33% productivity, Stocking Shift & Inventory Slotting system (-25%) Stock-outs
- • Included Emergency Medical Supplies, and Fast-Moving Consumer Goods.
- • Management Development & Special Projects Manger
- • Call center, Payment Processing process design and reconfiguration (21+% improved throughput)
amyronCONSULTING & Oracle Solutions
full time contract10/2008 - 3/2023
- R12.5.2 Implementation – Oracle Discrete Manufacturing; Inventory, Bills of Material, Work-in-Process
- SMB Commercial Construction:
- • Commercial Contractor Software selection, & Solar Panel repairs & process improvement +17% RM Savings
- Medical Device (EMS) Manufacturer:
- • Review Agile PLM processes, preparing training and ERP upgrade/go-live & support PC and Admin 10-20 hours
- Medical Device Manufacturer:
- • Medical device manufacturer. (EMS) Implementing Planning, and Discrete WIP – MSCA (WMS) implementation assessment 5+ weeks + Four(4) month plan.
- SMB Commercial Construction:
- • Utilize Oracle EBS, SCM, WIP supporting team(s) in Engineer-to-Order (ETO) Construction company for a Make-to-Order (MTO)/Assembly-to-Order (ATO) – “MODULAR” Manufacturing CAD/CAM to Discrete 8-10/day.
- Oracle University Instructor:
- Agile “Product Collaboration” and Agile “Administrator” Training and Delivery 1-2 classes per month Demantra Set-up, Configure and Administration. Training and Delivery 1-2 classes per month
- Master Data Management (MDM) PIM + Configurator solution(s) PIM Product Attribution REDUCED custom CZ Rules 60%
- • Advanced Supply Chain Planning, Spare Parts Planning and Warehouse Management solutions (Right Part/Right Plan)^30%
Senior Principal Instructor & Principal Consultant
full time contract11/1997 - 10/2008
- Inventory Optimization - Enterprise Asset Management with Repair and Overhaul success with DISTRIBUTED-WMS (Warehouse Management)
- • Trained/mentored at different levels in Enterprise Excellence
- • Contractor with Capgemini, listened to customers and develop Software Solutions to fit their needs;
- • documenting and configuring, leverage Oracle FUSION PLM (PIM) tools for Product /Service Lifecycle – CLOUD
- • Leveraging Oracle BPM, I-Procurement, and Purchasing
- Master Data Management (MDM) Configurator (CTO & CPQ) solution(s)
- • Advanced Supply Chain Planning, Spare Parts Planning and Warehouse Management (Assessments only)
- o Pharmaceutical (pick-to-light)
- o Aerospace & Defense
- Implement Oracle PLM solutions and create test scripts for PLM/APC
- • Utilizing Industry standards (SCOR & APQC) developed & completed 24+ Test Scripts & Training documents for:
- o PLM (Oracle PIM or APC) + Configurator Prototypes
- o Complex Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (cMRO), and WMS (MSCA) Implementations
- o Enterprise Asset Management (EAM)
- Trained/mentored 6+ project team members in the DMAIC and 7-Step methodologies
- Assisted customers' Subject Matter Experts in implementing Oracle Applications, reviewing and structuring Bills of Material, while reviewing Inventory Setups, and managing data entry process
- • Project Lead completed Curriculum development & successful course roll-out for Oracle PLM/APC.
- • Taught six (6) MFG/VCP/VCE Applications including: INV, WMS, BOM, CZ, WIP , and ASCP
- • Taught PLM & PIM at sites across N.A., A.P. & E.U.
- • Maintain 90+% Student evaluation survey ratings
- • Successfully completed 2-week, Intensive Product boot-camp – Learning all Agile PLM 9.0 products
- • Completed two (2) customer Installs: Configured, Trained, &Supported Agile PLM Product Collaboration
- SUPPLY CHAIN PROGRAM MANAGER, cMRO and Spare Parts Planning using Click Commerce.
- SIX-SIGMA GREEN BELT CERTIFIED (Black-belt Projects completed)
- Represented R&O as an active member of Customer Satisfaction Boards (CSBs) and Product Management Team (PMT) focused on customers
- • Communicated and negotiated with multiple departments, customers, and suppliers while implementing long-term process improvements projects improving cash-flow $500k and customer satisfaction 10%
- • Working with multiple departments, supported Business Analysis and implementation of Make vs. Buy processes; converting 4-5 items weekly
- • Trained/mentored project team members in the Lean and 6-Sigma methodologies
- ORACLE INVENTORY, BILLS OF MATERIAL, AND CONFIGURATOR
- As Team Leader/Member, listened to customer concerns, understood issues, and built Oracle applications-based business solutions to address clients’ needs.
- • Cultivated multiple client relationships, at all levels, in the organization and examined business practices.
- • On-site (U.S. customer) liaison & offshore technology group, interface w/customer, completed aggressively scheduled POC.
- • Kept up with industry trends & “Best Practices (SCOR & APQC)” including Internet, e-Business processes;
- • Oracle Configurator (Order Management, Sales-on-line, and I-Store),
- • On-line Payments - ID Management / Public Key Infra. (PKI) - (SunMicro - funded start-up): 3-to-8/2000)
- • Taught Classroom - Inventory (INV) & Bills of Material (BOM) + WMS
- • Maintained 100% Utilization, and 90% Quality Scores.
Aerospace Cloud PLM
Solutions, Implementation, and Training