8+ yearsSanta Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia
About Fernando Luna
I'm a software engineer with ten years of experience developing mobile applications, with seven of those years focused on iOS. I'm confident that my diverse skillset, passion for innovation, and experience working in both startup environmentiOS Engineer
remoteonsitehybridfull time contract
GithubProblem-solvingOOPSwiftSoftware developmentProblem SolvingTeam workAnalyzing problemsCoding knowledge
Universidad Tecnológica Privada De Santa Cruz
Bachelor's DegreeClass of 2011
Fullstack - Frontend & Backend and Mobile development
BootcampClass of 2016
Universidad Técnica del Beni Mariscal José Ballivián
MEng, Computer Science - Grade: Thesis pending
Master's DegreeClass of 2021
full time contract1/2021 - 5/2022
- Worked on the rider app implementing a loyalty program adding to the menu the feature to link your Uber account with your Marriot account (Marriott Bonvoy).
- Implemented a new feature to link third-party oAuth 2 accounts.
- Tracked and improved implementations based on metrics and user feedback by fixing bugs and technical debts.
- Worked on the rider and driver app, concluding the implementation of the feature Schedule Aiport Pick Up to sync your ride with your flight landing.
- Completed the implementation for the driver app to detect when the drivers have arrived at the parking lot previously to the pickup zone.
- Completed the implementation and fixed bugs for the rider app to show the information of the flight on the information card.
Full Stack IOS Developer
full time contract8/2016 - 1/2020
- Worked on the MVP and the first version of the app.
- Completed the implementation of a 3D model city representing events or places on a trip.
- Collaborated to design the new architecture for the first version of the app from scratch.
- Implemented the first version of the app with new functionality connections to third-party services to search events, flights, and hotels.
- Worked on AWS to handle some operations like emails, creation of thumbs, and push notifications.
- Published the app and the test environments with all the third-party services.
- Collaborated to design the changes and new features on the API for the app.
Mobile Full Stack Developer
full time contract1/2014 - 7/2016
- Worked on the MVP of the apps created from scratch.
- Implemented and tested features to list the new events on the Android app.
- Designed and implemented the pagination for events for the backend service and the Android client.
- Optimized the iOS app to handle low connectivity connection and implemented the feature to be able to use the app partially whiteout being online.
- Ensuring the quality and performance of the application by solving bugs and technical debts.
- Documented the current implementation for the iOS app and the backend.
full time contract6/2011 - 12/2013
- Worked on a new feature to handle and print invoices for Windows Mobile devices.
- Complete the implementation and testing of the synchronization of information between a Windows Mobile app and the backend.
- Designed and Implemented a new feature to show an optima route and geo locations of clients for product distribution.
- Leading a team of 5 people in charge of migrating the app from Windows Mobile to Android.
- Collaborated to implement the backend to sync the backend with different ERP systems (B2B).
- Maintained and improved features in both platforms Windows Mobile and Android.
full time contract6/2022 - 2/2023
- Worked on the new transaction history feature to improve the UX for the user and show more detailed information about their transactions, being this the more used feature of the app.
- Collaborated with the core team to document and design the modularization for the following features: Transaction History, Give, Spending, and Saving.
- Implemented and rollout the modularization of the feature Transaction History and Saving.
- Ensuring the quality and performance of the application, tracking metrics, and solving bugs and technical debts.
- Collaborated on the implementation of the new networking core libraries.