As a skilled professional seeking career growth, you deserve access to the best job opportunities available. Join Outdefine's Trusted community today and apply to premier job openings with leading enterprises globally. Set your own rate, keep all your pay, and enjoy the benefits of a fee-free experience.
About the job
About the Role:
The Product Manager will support a variety of functions, including revenue-cycle operations, provider management, and integration with third-party platforms. Automation and strong systems are the lynchpin for enabling scale (we are scaling rapidly) and driving supply for more people to get care. Quality user experiences for clients, providers, and staff are key. Our team is distributed across the US and has varied backgrounds, from education to fitness, advertising, travel, and healthcare. This role is virtual, with the opportunity to work in person in San Francisco in the future.
- As Product Manager, you will lead engineering initiatives, depending on your interests and experience, from among improving revenue-cycle efficiency and outcomes, creating efficient and effective provider onboarding, creating tools to support providers, and integrating systems that will create our industry-leading delivery of mental health care services.
- Partner with Engineering, Design, and stakeholders to shepherd product solutions through the full product lifecycle: brainstorming, research, wireframing, testing, development, deployment, impact-evaluation, and optimization.
- Influence UI and platform improvements, 3rd party integrations, business partnerships, admin tools, etc. - opportunities are plentiful.
- Comfortable with a hypothesis based approach, experimentation and have the ability to quantify impact, both scrappily and leveraging advanced product analytics tools such as Mixpanel.
- Empathy & perspective for end-users and stakeholders with strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to assess and synthesize information and share information in an accessible way.
- Curious and teachable; a growth mindset towards building new skills and taking on new responsibilities as our business needs mature and change.
- Strong operational and/or cross-functional experience, especially with non-technical partners, navigating varied viewpoints to build trust and shared accountability towards outcomes.
- Nice to have (truly): growth experience, experience in health care, experience working in regulated fields (healthcare, education, security), marketing & crm integrations.
- Preferred 3+ years of experience in a product management role solving complex business problems with demonstrated measurable impact to the business and user experience.
- Experience with some of the following is a plus:
- Systems Integration
- Revenue cycle
- Provider experience
- Decision modeling (rules)
- Business process modeling (workflows)
Octave's Company Values:
The below values drive our day-to-day operations.
- We’re human beings first. We operate with empathy and kindness – with our clients, with our collaborators, and with ourselves.
- People deserve better than status quo. We’re willing to tackle the intractable problems, no matter how big, because someone should. We ask big questions, we craft big solutions, and we challenge ourselves and others to make it happen.
- No bystanders. No stars. No tourists. Each person has been selected to be here, and with that comes a responsibility to bring your expertise, share your ideas, and help make this company better.
- Partnership paves the path ahead. We don’t operate in a silo, internally or externally. To transform the system, we believe in working with others to create something bigger, better, and stronger.
- Quality is crucial at scale. Quality is core to our business, and we refuse to sacrifice it as we grow.
- Progress is a process. In the pursuit of progress, we iterate, reflect, learn, adjust – and always leave things better than we found them.
- There are people behind every data point. We recognize that numbers tell only one part of the story, and we also do the work to understand impacts at the individual level.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to frequently communicate with others through virtual meeting applications such as Zoom and Google Meet.
- Must be able to observe and communicate information on company provided laptop.
- Move up to 10 pounds on occasion.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future.
Octave is committed to pay equity. To maintain our commitment to pay equity, Octave will follow Pay Transparency regulations on all open job postings. Current Pay Transparency laws require companies to include a position's salary or hourly wage range (not including bonuses or equity-based compensation) in any internal or external job posting. This requirement extends to job postings published by a third party at an employer's request.
Octave will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Octave’s legal duty to furnish information.
Starting pay for qualified applicants will depend on a combination of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. The expected salary range for this role is set forth below and this range may be modified in the future.
Additionally, this position is eligible for the following benefits: company sponsored life insurance, disability and AD&D plans. Voluntary benefits such as 401k retirement, medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, dependent care and commuter/parking options are also available. Octave offers generous Paid Time Off as well as paid parental leave benefits.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please complete the following application. Please note that the U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information questions below are used for the purposes of EEOC reporting and are optional to complete. Octave is unable to change these questions and we acknowledge that many of the U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information questions are not inclusive or affirming of all aspects of cultural identity. Octave is committed to an inclusive workplace environment, and this information will not inform how we approach hiring or employment.
Become a trusted member, apply to jobs, and earn token rewards
Create and customize your member profile.
Earn 500 Outdefine tokens for becoming trusted member and completing your assessment.
Once you are a Trusted Member you can start applying to jobs.