As a skilled professional seeking career growth, you deserve access to the best job opportunities available. Join Outdefine's Trusted community today and apply to premier job openings with leading enterprises globally. Set your own rate, keep all your pay, and enjoy the benefits of a fee-free experience.
About the job
Transfr is on a mission to create alternative pathways to career success. Our hands-on simulation-based training provides people with the skills they need to enter or reenter the workforce, enabling them to have a better quality of life. Our technology gives immersive training that the user absorbs much more readily than video tutorials, slide presentations, and other training methods.
We believe the future starts with innovative workplace training and hands-on skills development. We’re building bridges between schools, workplaces, and governments to make jobs more accessible and create a better tomorrow, today. This is an exciting time!
Demand for VR skills-based training has never been higher. Our startup is in hyper growth mode, scaling in every direction. We are looking for people that possess a true love for learning and have a burning desire to contribute to outcomes that change the world.
As a Senior Full-Stack Engineer at Transfr, you'll have the chance to take this company to the next level by disrupting the traditional classroom to career pipeline. You’ll be working with a group of passionate and innovative individuals who are committed to making a difference in vocational training.
As part of the Dashboard Team, you will be creating new features that will help to empower our customers with additional functionalities and insights into their trainee's VR simulation experiences.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Full-Stack Engineer with experience building web applications that are scalable and performant. In this critical role, you will work closely with the engineering and product teams, building rest APIs with Python and developing new features within our new dashboard to support existing and new product types.
- Collaborate with product management and design to research, design, and code major new features and enhancements that will best engage, educate, and delight customers
- Learn and understand all of the components that make up the Transfr dashboard application
- Identify and implement improvements within existing APIs and dashboards
- Build and support internal tools that improves processes for engineering and other cross functional teams
- Support both QA and VR developers with back-end issues found during the development and release process
- Assist with analyzing and resolving production issues reported by internal stakeholders and customers
- Conduct peer reviews of prospective code changes
- Collaborate with other engineers and contribute to design and development decisions
- Work comfortably in an agile environment
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working in production as a Full-Stack Engineer
- Experience building REST APIs with Python and framework such as FastAPI or Flask
- Understanding of responsive design
- Basic knowledge of SQL for managing and pulling data from tables
- Some knowledge designing relational databases
- Experience with Git source control
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team setting
What We Offer:
The base salary range for this position is expected to be between $160K - $185K CAD, with the actual base salary amount dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s credentials, relevant experience, and primary job location. In addition to salary this role will be eligible for additional company benefits such as stock options, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
We invite you to join us. Be a part of creating pathways to prosperity by helping to develop training simulations to teach skills that lead to well-paying jobs, for all.
At Transfr, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Transfr is an equal opportunity employer that participates in E-Verify committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, consultants, and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We know from experience and past hires that the best person for this role will likely not check every box listed here. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet all the qualifications described!
Learn more at https://transfrinc.com/
Become a trusted member, apply to jobs, and earn token rewards
Create and customize your member profile.
Earn 500 Outdefine tokens for becoming trusted member and completing your assessment.
Once you are a Trusted Member you can start applying to jobs.