As a skilled professional seeking career growth, you deserve access to the best job opportunities available. Join Outdefine's Trusted community today and apply to premier job openings with leading enterprises globally. Set your own rate, keep all your pay, and enjoy the benefits of a fee-free experience.
About the job
About The Company
SpectrumAi develops innovative solutions for life-changing therapies. We are engineers and clinicians, entrepreneurs and operators. And we have a shared passion to solve difficult problems. This is an opportunity to join a mission-driven digital health company that is changing the field of Applied Behavioral Analysis. We're looking for talented, dynamic and caring people to join our growing organization that celebrates creativity and thrives on problem solving. We're looking for rockstars for whom the sky isn't the limit.
SpectrumAi is looking for a mid-level Software Engineer to join our growing team. As a backend engineer, you'll work closely with other engineers, including offshore contract staff, and cross-functional partners to design the technical underpinnings of SpectrumAi's products and execute on our ambitious product roadmap. In this role, you'll be expected to be hands-on building key systems and features for our products, and you'll contribute to the successful delivery of various technical efforts. The right candidate will be familiar with our technical stack, which includes Python/Django and React JS. The ideal candidate will be someone who thrives in an early stage startup environment where the ability to be nimble and build fast are paramount, and one who will contribute to the rich diversity of the current team. This is a great opportunity to be a founding engineer for a mission-driven company and to grow your skills as a software engineer.
- Participate in technical architecture design and for broad or complex requirements with insightful and forward-looking approaches that impact your engineering squad and solve thorny problems.
- Contribute to the development of foundational methods, techniques, and standards across the engineering organization.
- Perform code and architecture reviews with peers and make recommendations on how to improve our code, architecture, and software development processes.
- Collaborate with others within your squad to deliver on key priorities and while contributing a growth mindset.
- Maintain key components of the codebase and their long-term health, while also improving the health of surrounding systems.
- Help identify and build the right technical foundations needed for SpectrumAi's products to scale.
- Proactively identify and address communication challenges to align on complex issues across diverse and geographically dispersed audiences and influence organizational goals and strategy.
- Contribute to incident response efforts, fostering a culture of preparedness and compliance, and ensuring that you are equipped to handle security and performance incidents effectively.
- Proficiency in modern programming languages and techniques, like Django, SQL, React JS, REST API, and agile development. Ability to balance immediate needs with building for scale, and comfort with the challenge of making difficult decisions when resources are limited, as well as ultimately supporting the decisions of others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical constituents alike.
Our employees bring a diversity of skills and experiences, and we're excited to learn about all the ways your background will contribute to SpectrumAi. To be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need the following:
- Bachelor's degree in related field or other relevant educational background or training A strong technical background, including 2+ years of experience designing and engineering rapidly-scaling systems Comfort with working on a new product under fluid conditions, seamlessly balancing tactical and strategic considerations
- An impact mindset - that is, you measure your success in terms of business impact, not lines of code A collaborative and humble mindset. We truly believe that teamwork makes the dream work, and expect you to be an excellent team player who is open and eager to work with colleagues across the company, rolling up your sleeves as needed to help the team deliver on key priorities.
- Experience working in a PHI-heavy environment Experience working in an early-stage startup environment Experience collaborating closely with outsourced engineering teams
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- In 1 month, you will be mostly learning - becoming familiar with our teams, code/systems, and architecture
- In 3 months, you'll contribute to the delivery of major functionality for Twyll as part of an engineering squad
- In 6 months, you'll be contributing to the design of the next generation architecture and technical roadmap for our app - Twyll
Become a trusted member, apply to jobs, and earn token rewards
Create and customize your member profile.
Earn 500 Outdefine tokens for becoming trusted member and completing your assessment.
Once you are a Trusted Member you can start applying to jobs.