As a skilled professional seeking career growth, you deserve access to the best job opportunities available. Join Outdefine's Trusted community today and apply to premier job openings with leading enterprises globally. Set your own rate, keep all your pay, and enjoy the benefits of a fee-free experience.
About the job
Who we are:
Nacelle is a composable commerce platform provider that allows brands and retailers to easily syndicate commerce and content data to multiple heads, endpoints and channels by transforming, storing and reindexing data in real-time. With Nacelle, companies can future-proof their business by composing the commerce stack they want — giving them the agility needed to build unique and dynamic shopping experiences, while optimizing business operations for growth. Nacelle is a venture-backed company with over $75 million raised from institutional investors including Tiger Global, Index Ventures and iNovia. For more information, go to nacelle.com
Nacelle is seeking a talented and experienced Backend Engineer to join our team. In this pivotal role, you will be developing and enhancing the server-side logic of our platform, creating new performance-oriented products, and ensuring our backend systems run smoothly and efficiently. Your work will have a direct impact on the core functions of our platform, making a significant contribution to Nacelle's innovative, future-forward technology.
In this role you will:
- Develop and maintain server-side code and logic.
- Work with big data, optimizing and transforming it to meet business requirements.
- Build and maintain new performance-oriented products.
- Collaborate with other engineers to design and launch new features.
- Ensure high performance and responsiveness of our backend services.
We would love to hear from you if:
- Strong experience with data flow and transformations.
- You have 5+ years of experience with in production experience in Java with familiarity with Spring and JUnit.
- You also have strong experience with Typescript.
- You are a TDD advocate.
- Familiarity with distributed systems and microservices.
- A college degree is required; graduating with honors is a big plus.
- You love embracing some ambiguity and testing new ideas.
- You are naturally curious and take initiative to creatively solve problems.
- You thrive in a culture that values learning, collaboration, ownership, honesty, and integrity.
- You express a point of view but are low ego.
We’d be really excited if you’ve had:
- Experience working in the ecommerce space.
- Experience with Kafka, Postgres, Redis, and GraphQL.
- Venture-backed startup experience.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Stock options
- Robust benefits packages which include medical, dental, vision, HSA/FSA, as well as employer-paid life insurance, and short/long-term disability
- 401(k) with an employer match
- Unlimited Mental Health Teledoc appointments
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited PTO in addition to paid holidays and sick days
- Monthly wifi stipend
- Home office setup budget
Nacelle is committed to paying fairly and competitively which is why we partner with a salary and equity database company to ensure we are aligned with market rates. To benchmark salaries, it’s based on the individual's level of experience and cost of living and we are able to use data from comparable venture-backed startups (over 3,000 across the US). Salary estimate for this role is $130,000 - $170,000, actual salary will be determined by the candidate's experience level, and location.
If you meet most of the criteria for this position, we would still love to hear from you! We believe in fostering talent, growing and providing training to our team as we believe great human beings come first and building skillsets can happen over time.
Nacelle is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Nacelle is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities who may require additional assistance in engaging in our application and interview process. Please feel free to reach out to Nacelle's Talent Acquisition Team at TA@getnacelle.com if you need any assistance completing our application or need accommodations during your interview process.
Become a trusted member, apply to jobs, and earn token rewards
Create and customize your member profile.
Earn 500 Outdefine tokens for becoming trusted member and completing your assessment.
Once you are a Trusted Member you can start applying to jobs.