As a skilled professional seeking career growth, you deserve access to the best job opportunities available. Join Outdefine's Trusted community today and apply to premier job openings with leading enterprises globally. Set your own rate, keep all your pay, and enjoy the benefits of a fee-free experience.
About the job
Bitwarden empowers enterprises, developers, and individuals to securely store and share sensitive data. With a transparent, open-source approach to password management, secrets management, and passwordless and passkey innovations, Bitwarden makes it easy for users to extend robust security practices across all online activities. Founded in 2016 with headquarters in Santa Barbara, California, Bitwarden is supported by a passionate global community of security experts and enthusiasts.
As an Android Engineer on the Platform team at Bitwarden, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the native Android Bitwarden application, working with other teams to maintain feature parity across clients and enabling your team and others to build secure, performant, and user-focused software.
This is an all-remote team and we need someone located in the U.S. who can have some overlap with the Eastern timezone.
- Become an expert and authority on our Android codebase
- Participate in hands-on development of new features and improvements
- Participate in code reviews, learning and spreading knowledge
- Proactively stay updated on the latest trends, tools, and technologies within the Android development ecosystem, and contribute insights for continuous improvement of our product
- Occasionally contribute bug fixes or shepherd pull requests submitted by the user community
WHAT YOU BRING TO BITWARDEN
- Demonstrated expertise in developing complex Android applications with Kotlin and Jetpack Compose
- Strong understanding of Material Design UI/UX design principles
- Familiarity with unit testing, UI testing and snapshot testing
- Experience with Google Play public & private distribution tracks, and submitting applications to the Play Store
- Collaborative and adaptable mindset
- Openness and authenticity combined with excellent communication skills
- Excitement and enthusiasm for open source and for better internet security
- Excellent problem-solving skills – you might not know all the answers, but you know how to find and communicate the solution
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
Selected candidates will be invited to schedule an introduction call and potentially progress through the following stages:
- Interview with Engineering Manager
- Interview with team members
- Reference calls
A FEW REASONS TO WORK WITH US
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone from our friends and family to the world’s largest organizations.
- Become an expert. You’ll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- We are dedicated to building a diverse and talented team. Work remotely with motivated and supportive team members across the world and take part in productive and fun meetups.
- Learn and grow. Take on new challenges with the support of your team, and join our #growth-club to continue personal and professional development.
We recognize and understand that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications for the position, you should still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Become a trusted member, apply to jobs, and earn token rewards
Create and customize your member profile.
Earn 500 Outdefine tokens for becoming trusted member and completing your assessment.
Once you are a Trusted Member you can start applying to jobs.