As a skilled professional seeking career growth, you deserve access to the best job opportunities available. Join Outdefine's Trusted community today and apply to premier job openings with leading enterprises globally. Set your own rate, keep all your pay, and enjoy the benefits of a fee-free experience.
About the job
Ambient.ai is a computer vision intelligence company transforming security operations for large enterprises by preventing security incidents before they happen. Ambient.ai has a globally deployed footprint with several Fortune 500 companies. The Ambient.ai platform applies AI and computer vision intelligence to existing sensor and camera infrastructure to deliver physical security monitoring and detect threats in real-time. Ambient.ai does this while simultaneously decreasing false alarms by over 95%, allowing security teams to focus on legitimate threats and on rapid response. The future of enterprise physical security is data-driven, intelligent, and proactive. With Ambient.ai, companies can do more with less, while also improving their security posture.
We were founded in 2017 by Shikhar Shrestha and Vikesh Khanna. They are experts in artificial intelligence from Stanford University who previously built iconic products at Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Dropbox.
We are a Series-B company backed by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), SV Angel, YCombinator, and investment angels like Jyoti Bansal, Mark Leslie, and Elad Gil. Named on the YC Top Companies List 2021, 2022, 2023 and the Forbes Cloud 100 Rising Stars 2020, we are turning the impossible into the inevitable. We are always looking for passionate people, who enjoy solving the toughest problems with cutting-edge AI/ML.
The impact you'll make:
- Design and implement REST and GraphQL endpoints
- Design and implement highly available, latency-sensitive fault-tolerant microservices
- Core infrastructure for processing large volumes of video streaming data
- Improve the performance, reliability, and scalability of all backend services
- Develop large-size platform problems and own small-to-medium platform features end-to-end
- You will work as an important member of the platform team that owns one or more services/product features, end-to-end
- Expect to be challenged and stretch your skills regularly
The amazing skills you'll bring to Ambient.ai:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent field with a programming background
- Strong experience working with at least one of the Object-oriented Programming Languages like Python, C++, Golang would be required
- At least 5+ years of experience building scalable and available web services
- Expertise in APIs (REST / GraphQL), general web backend design principles, relational databases (MySQL / Postgres), streaming pipelines, pub-sub systems, and indexing systems
- Write clean and maintainable code
- Design and implement complex systems including communication between several services (pub-sub paradigm, microservices architecture)
- Manage service reliability, including any cloud operations work (AWS, Google Cloud)
- Experience with Redis, Kafka, RabbitMQ,ActiveMQ or similar tools/technologies will be highly preferred
- Experience building SaaS product offerings will be a huge advantage
Why join us:
- We are creating an entirely new category within a 180+ billion-dollar physical security industry and looking for team members who are also passionate about our mission to prevent every security incident possible
- We have an impressive customer roster of Fortune 500 companies including Adobe, VMware, SentinelOne, and many more
- Regular Full-time employees receive stock options for the opportunity to share ownership in the success of our company
- We offer generous time off to rest and recharge including Winter Break (time off between Christmas and New Year’s for most roles depending on customer demand)
- The latest tech and awesome swag delivered to your door
- Enjoy a full range of opportunities to connect with your awesome co-workers
Ambient.ai is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ambient does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Become a trusted member, apply to jobs, and earn token rewards
Create and customize your member profile.
Earn 500 Outdefine tokens for becoming trusted member and completing your assessment.
Once you are a Trusted Member you can start applying to jobs.