As a skilled professional seeking career growth, you deserve access to the best job opportunities available. Join Outdefine's Trusted community today and apply to premier job openings with leading enterprises globally. Set your own rate, keep all your pay, and enjoy the benefits of a fee-free experience.
About the job
Ambient.ai is a computer vision intelligence company transforming security operations for large enterprises by preventing security incidents before they happen. Ambient AI has a globally deployed footprint with several F500 companies. The Ambient AI platform applies AI and computer vision intelligence to existing sensor and camera infrastructure to monitor physical security and detect real-time threats. Ambient AI does this while decreasing false alarms by over 95%, allowing security teams to focus on legitimate threats and rapid response. The future of enterprise physical security is data-driven, intelligent, and proactive. With Ambient AI, companies can do more with less while also improving their security posture.
We were founded in 2017 by Shikhar Shrestha and Vikesh Khanna. They are experts in artificial intelligence from Stanford University, who previously built iconic products at Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Dropbox. We are a Series-B company backed by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), SV Angel, YCombinator, and investment angels like Jyoti Bansal, Mark Leslie, and Elad Gil.
Named on the YC Top Companies List 2021, 2022, 2023, and the Forbes Cloud 100 Rising Stars 2020, we are turning the impossible into the inevitable. We are always looking for passionate people who enjoy solving the toughest problems with cutting-edge AI/ML.
Fun facts about our technology:
- Over 5bn+ events are ingested daily into our data processing pipeline, which generates real-time insights with sub-second latencies backed by an SLA
- Our data stores collectively handle 100TB of data empowering queries with super low latencies using technologies like ElasticSearch, Postgres, Timescale, and Redis
- We maintain 99.99% availability across our tech stack, which we meticulously monitor and ensure we meet the SLA
- We handle real-time video streaming using WebRTC with sub-second latencies for a mission-critical application
- We build core technologies to enable real-time video summarization and low latency search over 25bn+ media objects
- To enable privacy-focused computer vision intelligence, we leverage edge computing coupled with serverless technologies ensuring high scalability
We are seeking a talented and experienced Software Engineer specializing in backend development to join our dynamic team. As a Backend Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining robust and scalable software solutions that power our applications and services. Your expertise will be vital in building efficient and high-performance backend systems that meet our business needs.
The impact you'll make:
- Helping to scale this 10x
- Design and implement highly available, latency-sensitive fault-tolerant microservices
- Core infrastructure for processing large volumes of video streaming data
- Improve the performance, reliability, and scalability of all backend services
- Develop large-size platform problems and own small-to-medium platform features end-to-end
- You will work as an important member of the platform team that owns one or more
- services/product features, end-to-end
- Expect to be challenged and stretch your skills regularly
The amazing skills you'll bring to Ambient.ai:
- Expertise in APIs (REST / GraphQL), general web backend design principles, relational databases (MySQL / Postgres), streaming pipelines, pub-sub systems, and indexing systems
- Has experience owning and delivering projects end-to-end
- Cross-functional experience is a bonus
- Thrives in the fast-paced, unstructured environment of a hyper-growth startup
- Self-motivated to take action and add value
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
Why join us:
- We are creating an entirely new category within a 180+ billion-dollar physical security industry and looking for team members who are also passionate about our mission to prevent every security incident possible
- We have an impressive customer roster of F500 companies, including Adobe, VMware, and SentinelOne
- Regular Full-time employees receive stock options for the opportunity to share ownership in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health + welfare package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, EAP, Legal Services, 401k plan)
- We offer flexible time off to rest and recharge, including Winter Break (time off between Christmas and New Year’s for most roles depending on customer demand)
- The latest tech and awesome swag will be delivered to your door
- Enjoy a full range of opportunities to connect with your awesome co-workers
- We love to hike, are foodies, and love music! Check out our most recent Ambient Spotify Playlist
We take a market-based approach to pay here at Ambient.ai, and pay may vary depending on multiple factors. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, level, market conditions, and internal parity.
Base salary is just one component of our total rewards package. As a fast-growing start-up, our regular employees are also granted stock options, and an opportunity to succeed when Ambient.ai succeeds. As a young start-up with product market fit, our stock upside is substantial, and a large part of our total rewards strategy.
The pay scale below represents the starting base salary range we expect to pay for this position, and is subject to change*:
SF Bay Area: $176,000 - $220,000
- From time to time, we may decide to make an offer to a candidate that is either leveled below or above this role based on skills, experience, and interview performance.
Ambient.ai is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ambient does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Become a trusted member, apply to jobs, and earn token rewards
Create and customize your member profile.
Earn 500 Outdefine tokens for becoming trusted member and completing your assessment.
Once you are a Trusted Member you can start applying to jobs.